National Gingersnap Day
Five Food Finds about Ginger
- Ginger helps digest fatty foods and break down proteins.
- It can also treat motion sickness.
- Not only that, but it even reduces inflammation caused by arthritis.
- Ginger stimulates the circulation of blood. That’s how it helps reduce inflammation.
- It is also a natural decongestant and antihistamine.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1860 Charles Goodyear R.I.P. He invented the process named ‘vulcanization’ which made the commercial use of rubber possible. Vulcanized rubber didn’t become brittle in winter and turn gummy in summer as natural rubber did.
1874 The Philadelphia Zoo opened, the first zoological gardens in the U.S.
1910 Ward Baking Company of Chicago, Illinois opent the first completely automated bread plant in the U.S. Untouched by human hands.
1912 David Ross Brower was born. Brower was the founder of many environmental organizations including the ‘Friends of the Earth’ and ‘Earth…
View original post 150 more words